Per Øyvind Karlsen, the project leader for Mandriva Linux 2012 Development, just announced the release of the first Mandriva Linux 2012 Alpha, codenamed – Tenacious Underdog.
- Faster, smaller and much improved installer;
- Text mode Installer;
- A slimmer and much improved rescue mode;
- Dual Arch CD ISO has been much improved with a more complete set of packages;
- LXDE now shipped by default;
- Swith to linaro’s gcc 4.7 branch;
- HAL has finally been removed;
- KDE 4.9.0;
- Tons of other updates, packages and bug fixes.The race is on. We’re still not dead! Thanks to all that make it possible.
The road-map : see here.