Today Linux mint team released its Linux Mint 16 codename (Petra ) after 6 month of development , with many new improvements and features .
What’s New :
- Login Screen
- USB Stick support
- Performance improvements
- Software Manager
- System Improvements
- Artwork Improvements
- Main Components
- Safer kernel updates.
- Faster boot sequence and faster login.
- Better EFI support.
- Better support for Steam and its addition in the repositories and the featured section of the Software Manager.
- Additional private/secure search engines in certain countries.
- APT “recommends” disabled by default.
along with all of new feature i like the most is usb stick tool Linux mint team introduced new tool that helps formatting usb sticks easily A new tool was developed to easily format USB sticks to NTFS, FAT32 and ext4.
System Requirements :
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512 MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 5 GB of disk space
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD/DVD drive or USB port ( for installation )
Download Linux Mint : http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php