windows 8 release preview is now available for download . we posted about that about month ago many people downloaded and using it as it works really fine for me but many people troubling with audio problem
so here is quick and dirty guide to solving audio problem
1. Press the ‘Windows + F’ key on the keyboard, this will bring the search interface.
2. Type in ‘Troubleshooting’ and click on ‘Settings’ for the result.
3. Under ‘Troubleshoot computer problem’ click on ‘View all’ on panel to the left.
4. Under ‘Hardware and Sound’ click on ‘Troubleshoot Audio Playback’.
1 : open services
2 : make sure that windows audio service is running and set to automatic
3 : make sure your audio device plugged in and service is running
YOU CAN FIX IT BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS BELOW:
1. Open cmd.exe with Administrator rights
2. Type in:
“secedit /configure /cfg %windir%infdefltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose”
3. Restart your computer when the process completes
4. TADA, your audio service now runs normally
1 : right click on sound icon from taskbar
2 : open playback devices
3 : make sure you checked show disable devices and enable them