In this tutorial I’ll show you how to install ruby on rails on windows .just follow these steps , to get up and running rails on windows .
and download DevKit from http://rubyinstaller.org/add-ons/devkit/
and extract and run the post install script from post-install directory
I’ll use Ruby1.9.3-p194
check box ( Add Ruby Executable to your path ) when installing Ruby , that will add ruby on your PATH .
2 : verify installation open CMD and type
3: after that check gem version and if it needed update gems
gem -v gem update --system
4 : install rails gem
gem install rails
gem install sqlite3
gem install mysql
#In case of problem gem install mysql –platform=ruby — –with-mysql-dir=C:\mysql
or change the directories path according you MySQL installation
download c connector from here
/lib/libmysql.dll into your
- rails new demo_app
- if you are getting Gem::InstallError: The ‘json’ native gem requires installed build tools.
- don’t panic just add devkit in your environment PATH
- add c:devkit in your environment PATH and open CMD and type gem install json -v ‘1.7.3’
- if it fail to install install it from using C:devkitmysys.bat
- type rails -s
- open browser and navigate to http://localhost:3000